Derek Chauvin, the white officer filmed kneeling at George Floyd’s neck while on handcuffed and unacceptant was required for murder.
Derek Chauvin, a former police officer who was punished Tuesday to kill George Floyd, had a record using excessive force before an unarmed black man died under his knee in the prosecutor, “abuse of surprising authority.”
Chauvin, which was explained by colleagues as stiff and silent, knelt in a 46-year-old floyd neck for more than nine minutes on Jalan Minneapolis on May 25 last year, despite the request of a man who was dying and the shiny people tragedy.
The murder sent echoes throughout the United States and the world, and launched calculations on racial injustice in America.
The guilty verdict amounted to one of the most famous US trial results in a few decades.
Chauvin lawyer Eric Nelson said his client “emitted a calm and professional attitude” in the interaction with Floyd, and tried to convince the jury that the ex-Cop White only applied the grip that was passed and consistent with the training.
But the prosecution argued, succeeded, that Chauvin had used excessive strength – not only with Floyd, but with other people he was arrested for 18 years of his career.
During the closing of the argument on Monday, the lawyer prosecutor Steve Schleicher described Chauvin’s actions as “abuse of surprising authority” against Floyd.
There’s love in sharing.
- Anambra Guber: APGA NWC Suspends Soludo, 3 Others June 23, 2021
- We’re Taking More Visible Actions To Secure Oyo, Says Makind June 22, 2021
- Firemen Engaging To Extinguish Fire At Ogeere, Around Lagos/Ibadan Turnpike June 22, 2021
- ‘On A Rampage’: The African Women Fighting To End FGM June 20, 2021
- Need To Subsidise Drugs For Sickle Cell Patients June 20, 2021
- Banditry: Nine Kebbi Students, Teacher Protected, Three Dead, 90 Actually Missing June 20, 2021
- Stop Tinubu From Controlling Alpha Beta, Ex-MD Asks The Court June 20, 2021
- Why I Presented Davido, Ice Prince In My EP – Holmes June 20, 2021
- It’s Taboo To Conspire Against Monarchs, Says Ooni June 20, 2021
- December Not Feasible For The Launch Of CBN Digital Currency – Experts June 20, 2021