Some police officers have been deployed to guard Ama Awusa, a settlement dominated by North People in Owerri, Imo State Capital.
The senior special assistant to the Governor Hope Uzodimma on gender and vulnerable people (men), Sulaiman Ibrahim Sulaiman told the Daily Trust that adequate security has been provided to prevent further attacks in the state.
Sulaiman, who said people had been sensitive to the need to live peacefully with their neighbors, added that northern people in the country did not reflect on revenge, especially in recent murders from seven traders because they had taken it as an action of God.
“We have taken everything as the will of Allah. To Him we come and to Him we shall return. Some of us have been here for decades. Even our grandparents were here over 150 years ago. So we see yourselves as indigenes of the state and so there is no need to fight or create recriminations between us.”
Sulaiman also suggested them in the North threatening attack on the interest of Igbo in the north not to play into the hands of politicians who were unhappy when there was peace in this country.
There’s love in sharing.
- Open Letter To Senate President By Former Minister May 12, 2021
- AAC Demand Ondo Governor To Sack Aide For Assaulting Pregnant Woman May 9, 2021
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Died At 42 May 6, 2021
- The British Government, Ireland Agreed Wiith A June Meeting In Northern Ireland May 5, 2021
- MultiChoice Launches ABEG As A Sponsor Of BBN S6 Title April 26, 2021
- I Stop Accepting Ministerial Appointments Since 2007 — Ezekwesili April 26, 2021
- Buhari Restores Ownership Of 4 Blocks Oil To NNPC April 23, 2021
- 2023: Free Food For Four years – APC, Tinubu April 21, 2021
- Updated: Derek Chauvin Was Found Guilty Of killing George Floyd April 20, 2021
- LAGOS AAC SUPPORTS JUDICIARY WORKERS’ NATIONWIDE STRIKE ACTIONS April 19, 2021