The Minister of Power, Engr. Mamman Sale, has said that Nigeria will rack in N7 billion in tax revenues and another $ 10 million as an annual substitute for importing the Solar Naija Energy Scheme.
The minister revealed this on the weekend during the launch of the second phase of the plan in the JANGEFE community in the state of Jigawa.
Through this second phase, the Government will deploy 100,000 units of solar domestic system (SHS) while pointing to implement five million connections at the end of the scheme, with 25,000 people who are expected to benefit from the initiative.
Mamman explained that the project is being developed by the ASOLAR technology and the Niger Delta Power Holding company (NDPHC) with funds from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through the credit facility of the pound sterling under the administration of the rural electrification agency (REA).
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who launched the project in the community, said Program N140BN Solar Power Naija, which is part of the Economic Sustainability Plan (ESP), would create more than 250,000 jobs, as part of reversing the effects of the Covid+19 pandemic.
“President Muhammadu Buhari approved the power of five million households to create jobs for those who will be installed, maintained, as well as those found in the payment system of payment”.
He also praised NDPHC for an access to the main renewable energy, since the firm had implemented 20,000 SHS facilities. It has become “an important catalyst for solar systems outside the grid” in Nigeria.
The Director General of NDPHC, Chiedu Ugbo, said: “The 20,000 units are working as we talked and then the government asked us to do another five million solar connections, which will include solar systems and mini-grid, solutions outside the network . “
He pointed out that the second phase of the program is aimed at 100,000 SHS facilities with provisions for total property after the owners pay the monthly rental rate of N3,500 for five years.
Governor Muhammadu Badaru of the state of Jigawa said that the project will improve social and economic sustainability in the state.
There’s love in sharing.
- Open Letter To Senate President By Former Minister May 12, 2021
- AAC Demand Ondo Governor To Sack Aide For Assaulting Pregnant Woman May 9, 2021
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Died At 42 May 6, 2021
- The British Government, Ireland Agreed Wiith A June Meeting In Northern Ireland May 5, 2021
- MultiChoice Launches ABEG As A Sponsor Of BBN S6 Title April 26, 2021
- I Stop Accepting Ministerial Appointments Since 2007 — Ezekwesili April 26, 2021
- Buhari Restores Ownership Of 4 Blocks Oil To NNPC April 23, 2021
- 2023: Free Food For Four years – APC, Tinubu April 21, 2021
- Updated: Derek Chauvin Was Found Guilty Of killing George Floyd April 20, 2021
- LAGOS AAC SUPPORTS JUDICIARY WORKERS’ NATIONWIDE STRIKE ACTIONS April 19, 2021