President Muhammadu Buhari sent a delegation to Adamawa yesterday to make up with the government and the people of the State during the death of a former Minister of Commerce and Industry, Dr. Mahmud Tukur.
The delegation, directed by the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, visited Governor Ahmadu Fintiri at the Government House in Yola.
The president described Tukur as a true Nigerian model, a mentor and a model to follow generations, saying that the eternal honor of him, the respect and gratitude of him would continue to remain in the memory of many Nigerians.
He prayed to Allah to grant Fintiri, the family and the people of the State the fortress to withstand the loss of the illustrious son of him.
In his response, Fintiri thanked Buhari thanked Buhari, saying, “We have lost a great son of Adamawa, a brother and a father who promised the Adamawa project.”
The governor revealed that Tukur’s death had left a void, praying Allah to grant him the mercy endless and admit it in Jannatul Firdaus.
Buhari’s nephew, Mamman Daura, who also paid for a condolence visit to Fintiri, described Tukur as a national icon and university administrator who opened his doors to all Nigerians, regardless of him’s creed.
Daura said that Tukur was a man of personal character, an intense knowledge, good humor and an example of a nationalist committed to the Nigeria Unit.
He added that the disappearance of Tukur at this critical moment of the growth and development of nations would be difficult to deal with, since he represented a united Nigeria.
There’s love in sharing.
- Open Letter To Senate President By Former Minister May 12, 2021
- AAC Demand Ondo Governor To Sack Aide For Assaulting Pregnant Woman May 9, 2021
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Died At 42 May 6, 2021
- The British Government, Ireland Agreed Wiith A June Meeting In Northern Ireland May 5, 2021
- MultiChoice Launches ABEG As A Sponsor Of BBN S6 Title April 26, 2021
- I Stop Accepting Ministerial Appointments Since 2007 — Ezekwesili April 26, 2021
- Buhari Restores Ownership Of 4 Blocks Oil To NNPC April 23, 2021
- 2023: Free Food For Four years – APC, Tinubu April 21, 2021
- Updated: Derek Chauvin Was Found Guilty Of killing George Floyd April 20, 2021
- LAGOS AAC SUPPORTS JUDICIARY WORKERS’ NATIONWIDE STRIKE ACTIONS April 19, 2021