Former minister of aviation, Mr Femi Fani Kayode has Advised the indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB and the South-East to be remembering August Harvey Martin and Bruce Mayrock a 20 years old boy who set himself on fire in protest against the genocide perpetuated against the biafrans in the Nigeria civil war in 1969 .
According to Mr Fani : Bruce Mayrock 20, set himself on fire on May 29th, 1969 in New York city as an act of protest against the genocide that was being perpetuated against the Biafrans by Nigeria in the civil war.
Fani continue : August Harvey Martin was the 1st black American commercial pilot. He & his wife died on June 30,1968 in a rainstorm at Uli Airport while flying in relief materials to Biafra.
See what he wrote below:
Bruce Mayrock was a 20-year old student of Columbia University in New York who set himself on fire in front of the UN Building in NY City on May 29th 1969 as an act of protest against the genocide that was being perpetuated against the Biafrans by Nigeria in the civil war…
…He died the next day on May 30th 1969.
Little is known about him in Nigeria and the great and noble sacrifice that he made for the people of Biafra and their quest for liberty and freedom has not been sufficiently celebrated.
This is wrong.
August Harvey Martin was the 1st black American commercial pilot. He &his wife died on June 30,1968 in a rainstorm at Uli Airport while flying in relief materials to Biafra. There is a school named after him in Jamaica but there is nothing in the S.E. in his memory.This is wrong.
- Oniru monarch forcefully installed by tinubu keeps tormenting residents as Lagos state government ignores several petition January 14, 2021
- EndSARS: SANWO-OLU SEEKS FG’S COLLABORATION ON REBUILDING LAGOS January 7, 2021
- Ahmed Musa: I am not ignorant to give back to my community January 7, 2021
- Osun: Don’t install Taiwo Adegboye as new Alawo, family member tells Oyetola, kingmakers, others January 7, 2021
- Kalasuwe calls for Sowore’s, 4 others unconditional release January 4, 2021
- Nigeria Rapper, Biglo dies after long battle with Kidney ailment December 27, 2020
- Nylon Company, Durapark At Ikeja Threaten Staff With Police For Complaining About Poor Salary December 21, 2020
- Unbelievable: This thing heals man of stage 4 cancer December 20, 2020
- Anthony Joshua knockout Kubrat Pulev at the 9th round December 13, 2020
- Naira was great then, it will be great again — Pst. Adeboye prophesies December 13, 2020