The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board announced on Saturday the start of the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation entrance examination and the registration of candidates for direct entry into higher education institutions in Nigeria.
The decision was made only 48 hours after stopping the exercise on the technical challenge of the “national ID number”.
However, a brief statement issued by JAMB spokesperson Dr. Fabian Benjamin stated that as all issues have been resolved, registration for the exam is now in full swing.
“It was shelved just to solve technical problems. Now, registration is in full swing.” He added that some candidates have successfully registered for the exam.
On Thursday, Benjamin apologized for the delay in starting the registration process. He said that it is speculated that the registration process will start on the same day.
According to him, the delay was due to some unforeseen circumstances caused by its firm efforts to integrate NIN.
“To be sure all processes are completed before the commencement, the board didn’t place its advertorial as it has yet to complete the process of a smooth PIN vending and candidate access to the registration app for the 2021 UTME/DE.
“The advertisement is the surest indication of the beginning of the exercise as it has all the step-by-step process that candidates are required to follow.
“However, this delay is caused by some unforeseen circumstances occasioned by our determined effort to have a NIN integration. This challenge is being resolved and once that is done, all processes shall commence.
“Candidates are, therefore, requested to exercise some patience. The process shall be up and running shortly for our advertisement to be rolled out so that candidates can begin the creation of profiles.”
There’s love in sharing.
- Open Letter To Senate President By Former Minister May 12, 2021
- AAC Demand Ondo Governor To Sack Aide For Assaulting Pregnant Woman May 9, 2021
- Pastor Adeboye’s Son Died At 42 May 6, 2021
- The British Government, Ireland Agreed Wiith A June Meeting In Northern Ireland May 5, 2021
- MultiChoice Launches ABEG As A Sponsor Of BBN S6 Title April 26, 2021
- I Stop Accepting Ministerial Appointments Since 2007 — Ezekwesili April 26, 2021
- Buhari Restores Ownership Of 4 Blocks Oil To NNPC April 23, 2021
- 2023: Free Food For Four years – APC, Tinubu April 21, 2021
- Updated: Derek Chauvin Was Found Guilty Of killing George Floyd April 20, 2021
- LAGOS AAC SUPPORTS JUDICIARY WORKERS’ NATIONWIDE STRIKE ACTIONS April 19, 2021